My life thus far...Loving family, good friends, awesome job, can't complain about much!
Anyhow, zoom forward to the present day, all of the above still applies, plus some. I finally cut loose and got out of the prison that was the warrior forge area of Fort Lewis (a black hole on an otherwise really nice base). Being a TAC wasn't so bad, and I even enjoied it most of the time. Props to CPT Haymann and MSG Bostick for teaching me everything they could about some pretty BA shiz...and also to the awesome friends I have made there and will have forever. But anyhow, so I'm cruising down the interstate, leaving the cops in the dust, avoiding the chains of spikes they set up in order to stop my truck and bring me to justice, but I blow past them and leave them stuck like a man in the ocean with no arms or legs....But then, I arrived at Fort Sill...shoulda let myself get arrested (or at least this was my initial thought)...BASIC OFFICER LEADERS COURSE II!!!!! yea, right. Wait, let me back up...Norwich has taught me a ton of good qualities which I now bring to the table as an army officer. And one of those was you should always be early when someone or something more important is waiting for you, so I arrive to inprocessing 30 minutes early, and after a full day of paperwork and introductions, we all line up by platoon, and I am the third one of three in line right away for the illustrious 5th platoon D CO 1-22 FA (OOOOORAH!!!) and I say, "Fuck they are going to make me in charge of something" under my breath, and sure enough...4th SQUAD LEADER!!!! and i think to myself, "This is awesome only the exact opposite" but long story short, the platoon is sick, full of awesome guys and gals, we've all become great friends and are really enjoying the training.
Speaking of enjoying training, this was supposed to be one of the coolest days of training, U.S. Weapons day. Where we get to fire off a M2, M203, M240B, M249, M19, some of the most badass weapons the army had for an individual soldier...but who has two thumbs and isn't there cause he has pink eye...This guy!!! Damnit...btw if you havent figured it out by now, I really suck at spelling, but I think you can get the idea and deal with it!
RANDOM THOUGHT OF THE DAY:
Steve Morganti is the real asshole, not me...love you mean it steve!!!
So back to the story of my life...let's sum it up for now so my first post isn't a million pages long.
Loving family, good friends, an even more awesome job where I get to play with explosives once I get to me unit :-) can't complain about much...life is good people, life is good!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations"
Love you all, mean it :-)
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment